One Hundred Books
3.11.2006
  Sixty-Sixth Book
Nine Stories : J.D. Salinger
Little, Brown : 1991
Bought at Seventh Avenue Books for $2.50+
Recommended by Hillary Dickerson

Started 3.9.06
Finished 3.10.06

The Line: "All the same, though, I whereever I happen to be I don't think I'm the type that doesn't even lift a finger to prevent a wetting from flatting. Accordingly, I've gone ahead and jotted down a few revealing notes on the bride as I knew her almost six years ago. If my notes should cause the groom, whom I haven't met, an uneasy moment or two, so much the better" (87).

Oh Teddy. I can't
stop thinking about you. This
promise is for keeps.
 
Comments:
You're British at heart, and citationally, which I adore. That flour baby thing scares me!
 
You suffer from fuzzy images because the original image has been stretched larger, creating what I like to call, "Digital Bloating." I'll fix it for you right about now (funk soul brother).

I recommend Hunger by Knut Hamsun. Think of it as the Norwegian version of Down and Out in Paris and London, which you recommended to me years ago, and which I read and enjoyed muchly.
 
Yes'm, you told me about your plan to read only new books, and I'm proud of you. My original idea was to add a second year to the project, and read ten books ten times. If you had to do that, which books would you choose?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
One reader, one year, one hundred books.
NOW WITH ERIN!

Recommendations for David
David's backlog of books to read
View David's Want List (from Powell's)
View David's Want List (from Atomic Books)

Send correspondence to
onehundredbooks (a) gmail.com
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
ARCHIVES
01.05 / 02.05 / 03.05 / 04.05 / 05.05 / 06.05 / 07.05 / 01.06 / 02.06 / 03.06 / 04.06 / 05.06 / 10.06 / 11.06 / 12.06 /


Powered by Blogger