One Hundred Books
3.02.2006
  Sixty-Third Book
Taking Care : Joy Williams
Vintage : 1985
Bought at Strand Book Store for $5.50+
Recommended by Liz Woodbury

Started 2.23.06
Finished 3.2.06

The Line: "There are three things that Kathering feels are very nice about the turkey. One is the way sunlight falls through his red wattles, making them almost transparent. Two are the sounds he makes which are a cross between an electronic game and a mourning dove. And the third is that Katherine likes his feet very much" (161).

Lizzie: which story
did you once tell me was loved
by your dear Scott Heim?
 
Comments:
"winter chemistry"
was scott's favorite -- but why don't
you want to know mine?
 
I wanted to ask,
but I ran out of sylla...
I did it again!
 
okay, since you asked,
or almost asked, anyway,
my favorite's "shepherd."
 
I liked both of those!
"Traveling to Pridesup" and
"Building" were my faves.
 
golly, looks like you
enjoyed at least one quarter
of joy williams' book!
 
Winter Chemistry is indeed mine, with Traveling to Pridesup a close second. Joy, and you, both rock.
 
I forgot to make
my post a haiku: I suck.
(Winter Chemistry.)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
One reader, one year, one hundred books.
NOW WITH ERIN!

Recommendations for David
David's backlog of books to read
View David's Want List (from Powell's)
View David's Want List (from Atomic Books)

Send correspondence to
onehundredbooks (a) gmail.com
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
ARCHIVES
01.05 / 02.05 / 03.05 / 04.05 / 05.05 / 06.05 / 07.05 / 01.06 / 02.06 / 03.06 / 04.06 / 05.06 / 10.06 / 11.06 / 12.06 /


Powered by Blogger