One Hundred Books
4.03.2006
  Seventy-Second Book
Lenny Bruce Is Dead : Jonathan Goldstein
Counterpoint : 2006
Bought at Mercer Books for $3.95

Started 3.29.06
Finished 3.31.06

The Line: "Sex at eighteen had been like eating saltines over the sink in the middle of the night, petting a dog to make someone happy, saying hello over and over, faster and faster, eating a sandwich with tiny bites until you reach a point where you think you're never going to finish" (127).

I can't think of a
haiku that doesn't mention
sex or yogurt. See?!
 
Comments:
I've been hustling these last few weeks, trying to catch up (i.e. reading shorter books!). Oh, and we just passed the halfway mark, btw.

Yeah, this one was good. It's a portrait of a family told in mini-portraits, like a Chuck Close painting, maybe. A fragmented whole.
 
I'm glad you're feeling the stress. I am too. This is probably my favorite part of this project: coolly facilitating the hot pleasure of reading. Aside from my masochistic leanings, I'm not sure why this pressure makes me so happy.

What books of mine do you still have?! I know that Kara Walker book. Independence Day? I'm missing that one still. What else? I love getting books back.

I'll loan you Lenny Bruce Is Dead next time I see you, which will be...
 
Yep, I'll be here. Did I tell you I'm traveling with Davy again? I leave May 9th-ish. Gonna have to bring books with me. Yikes!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
One reader, one year, one hundred books.
NOW WITH ERIN!

Recommendations for David
David's backlog of books to read
View David's Want List (from Powell's)
View David's Want List (from Atomic Books)

Send correspondence to
onehundredbooks (a) gmail.com
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
ARCHIVES
01.05 / 02.05 / 03.05 / 04.05 / 05.05 / 06.05 / 07.05 / 01.06 / 02.06 / 03.06 / 04.06 / 05.06 / 10.06 / 11.06 / 12.06 /


Powered by Blogger